Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mr. Johnson's First Day

Hello class,

                  As you all know, I'm Mr. Johnson, I will be taking over for Ms. Gamzon (well sort of!). Ms. Gamzon will be assisting me with acquiring the skills necessary to be an effective teacher. In other words, I am learning how to be a "good" teacher from a great teacher. However, I am your student teacher for the next four weeks and I will assume all of the responsibility and authority given to an instructor.

                 Official business aside-I like to have fun while learning. I have reviewed the AP College Board standards thoroughly and I know that hard work and advanced literacy skills are required of every student hoping to score well on the exam. My aim is to encourage you to hone in on your strengths. You will do your best when you feel good about what you are learning. We will be doing group activities, playing interactive games, surfing the web, using arts and crafts-it will be a blast! But we need you to work hard. I need you to actively listen, and take notes! Yes, take notes. College is right around the corner for many of you and taking notes is a practice I am sure you a familiar with, but good note taking is an academic skill which needs to be cultivated and practiced. So remember two simple hints to do well in this course while I'm teaching: take notes and have fun!

   I encourage you to talk with your family about me. Let them know you have a student teacher. Tell your friends, tell your family, tell the Mayor! If you or your parents have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Marcy Gamzon.

If you have an extra moment, take the time to let me know who you are and what you hope to learn from the course in the comment section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment