Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fun and Fairness Day

I was disappointed by how many extensions were required for you to complete blog posts, but I will be consistent and work with you to understand the material, which is my primary goal. From now on, if my instructions are not clear enough I am going to ask that you schedule a time to meet with me during one of your lunch or study hall periods. If further clarification is needed I will direct you to Ms. Gamzon.

Additionally, Ms. Belair visited us yesterday during 9th period and informed me that she taught many of you in 8th grade. Ironically, Ms. Belair expressed a great dissatisfaction with my management style. Frankly, it is quite embarrassing that we have to tell AP students not to stand in chairs or use a cell phone in class, or to respect others when others are speaking. I want all of you to succeed, because I enjoy education. I love to teach, so I want this on the record: I will begin to expect college-level maturity from everyone, as well as college-level discussions and completed coursework. Can we agree to move forward from here with the intention of sharing knowledge, as well as committing to standards of excellence?

Thank you,
Mr. Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment