Sunday, November 7, 2010

Class- Monday 11/8

Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to post something up so you guys got used to seeing me on here. For Monday's class we are going down to the library to get your next book, As I Lay Dying. You are going to be breaking up into six groups for character trackingA sign-up sheet will be going around tomorrow. Once the groups have been assigned I will make sure to post the list on the blog incase anyone forgets. I have a few different handouts for everyone to get yourselves organized for your groups. We are also going to be reading and discussing Faulkner's Nobel Prize Speech in class once we get the books. I also posted the video of him reading it on the blog. If we have any extra time in class we will start reading.

I understand that everyone has stuff going on with school and outside of school so I created a tentative reading schedule to allow yourselves to organize your homework and reading better. This way incase you aren't sure of the homework it will be posted and if you want to read ahead then it will make it easier for you to plan your reading and assignments better. Remember this is just TENTATIVE but I believe we will be right on schedule.

Monday 11/8/10:


• Read Faulkner’s Nobel Prize Speech

• Pick character tracking groups

• Begin Reading As I Lay Dying

HW: Read pages 1-34

Tuesday 11/9/10

• Full class discussion led by group leaders

HW: Read pages 35-66

Wednesday 11/10/10
HW: Read pages 67-119

Thursday 11/11/10

NO SCHOOL

Friday 11/12/10

• Vocab Quiz

• Time in class to work in Prezi groups

HW: Read pages 120-168

Thanks and I look forward to working with everyone the next four weeks!
Ms. Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment