Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Final Discussion on Major Unit Topics

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Only two more days, what am I going to do without you guys? Lets make this the best few days yet!

I know everyone is nervous and stressed about the multi-genre projects. I will leave a few minutes at the end of the period to discuss last minute questions and concerns.

Remember:

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!” 
-Dr. Seuss

Agenda:

-Today we will be having a final discussion on the major topics/themes, historical moments, and quotations we have discussed at large throughout the entire unit.

-Each of you has a sticky note on your desk with a topic/theme, historical moment, or quotation. You will create a discussion question surrounding the given area of interest on your sticky note. 

***Please make these open ended, in-depth, "think deep" type questions. 

-You will be calling on your peers to answer your questions, challenge one another to think critically! 

-The last 3-4 minutes of class will be dedicated to answering your questions on the multi-genre project.

HOMEWORK:
-Multi-genre projects! (I will be after school today and tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Petta!
    I know I'm not currently in school, obviously, (I promise I'm not skipping to finish my project, im all sore and my voice is 100% gone and hurts really badly), but I have a quick question about the project. I found a picture that I really liked for the cover page, and I wanted to explain why I chose it. I originally thought it would make a good transition thing, but it is potentially turning into more of a page long thing. I have a poem and a short story already, so can this picture explanation thing be one of my non traditionals? or should I keep it as a transition.

    THANKS. See you tomorrow. I'll bring a shnack for the party.

    Oh you can either post back on this or email me at grettacavatassi@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can email it to you if you want to read it. Its a little less than a page and a half, double spaced. It's kind of informal though, it's less like a proper essay and more like my opinion on what the painting means and how it relates to feminism and the theme of the whole project. It has an "In my opinion.. I think that this means.." sort of feel. So yeah. I can change it too. I'm not exactly sure where it fits in. I just really like this dang picture.

      Delete