Tuesday, December 8, 2009

As I Lay Dying Presentations

As I Lay Dying Presentations
Instead of writing a paper on Faulkner’s text, you will be working together to complete and conclude the novel As I Lay Dying through a presentation.

I would like to introduce you to a new presentation tool. It is called Prezi. It is relatively easy to use and is much more interesting (in my opinion) than using simple Power Point.

Our Agenda for today: 12/9/09

*Welcome to Prezi! What is it? Please watch the “What is Prezi?” 1 minute video.

http://prezi.com/

The following groups will be:

Existence and Motivations in As I Lay Dying
Medina
Eliza
Micah
Celia
Sara

Death and Dying in As I Lay Dying
Malkah
Marguerite
Meredith G.
Amanda
Daniel

The Journey of Symbols, Archetypes, Myths in As I Lay Dying
Meredith J
Nautica
David
Lauren
Emily

As I Lay Dying as a Modernist Text
Kadisha
Nahoma
Elena
Mary
Erin

Loneliness & Alienation in As I Lay Dying
Ian
Hannah
Molly
Rachel
Linh
Martin

-- Begin to think about textual examples to use for your presentation – quotes and specific references to the text and materials used in class.

-- Think about what is this topic, who exemplifies, When and where are there textual examples of the novel, and Why is this an important topic to this novel as a whole?

-- Your final presentation will be a ten-minute presentation. You will also need to create and include a one-page handout for your presentation that outlines your topic, examples, and ideas about these topics.

I will provide you will further guidelines and rubrics tomorrow.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR WORK OFTEN.

You will have the remainder of today, tomorrow, and Thursday to work on your presentation. We will present our Prezis to each other this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment