Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes---Why does it matter?!


Procedure
Housekeeping - Check for Annotations on Zora Neale Hurston’s “Things suffered…” worksheet
H.W.  Finish the novel over your 5-day vacation break!!! Happy T-Day!
Brainstorming and Selecting Creative Pieces for Final Assessment
●      You will co-construct our final project in class
●      The final multi-genre project must have three components: 2-page essay, and two corresponding creative pieces
●      YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR CHOICES TODAY!!! Due December 9th.
Jane Elliot's Brown eye, Blue eye Experiments
College visit
Elementary School Children
●      Mr. Johnson will assign literature circles and your task is to annotate a critique (see blog_____) on Zora Neale Hurston's work.
○      You must select 2 points of interest from the critique and discuss at least one rhetorical or literary term
H.W.  Finish the novel!!!

7 comments:

  1. Create a diary with a few entries that relate to events that happened in the book. Also,write a monologue in one of the characters percpective that is not Janie (perhaps in Joe's perspective).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visual Art: draw/paint a scene from the book, make a collage of important people/things in the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A creative project could be to come up with a a piece of music, instrumental or lyrical, that could be Janie's theme throughout the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a creative writing major and a piano major, I'd say that two projects that could work for the final assessment would be composing a piece for one of the characters that represents their personality and how I interpreted them. I'd also write a poem or something to go with it that explains the nature of the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a strings major, one project that i could do is make a song that depicts the different moods in the novel. I could also make a diorama that depicts a scene that stands out the most to me in the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a drawing depicting an important scene from the novel. Or make a diorama showing a significant scene from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could write a poem relating to a theme or two in the novel and either a documentary (if I have the time) or a newspaper with a few articles about events that happened either in the novel or in the time period relating to the novel

    ReplyDelete